If you have concerns about your gambling, someone's else's gambling, or maybe you are just interested in finding out more about your gambling, please answer our short Self-Assessment to help recognise if you may have a gambling problem.
- Do you stay away from work, college or university to gamble?
- Do you gamble alone for long periods of time?
- Do you gamble to escape from a boring or unhappy life?
- If when gambling you run out of money, do you feel lost and in despair, and need to gamble again as soon as possible?
- Do you gamble until your last penny is gone?
- Do you feel depressed or even suicidal because of your gambling?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you have spent gambling?
- Have others ever criticised your gambling?
- Have you lied, stolen or borrowed just to get money to gamble or pay gambling debts?
- After losing, do you feel you must try and win back your losses as soon as possible?
- Are you reluctant to spend ‘gambling money’ on anything else?
- Do you gamble until your last penny is gone, even the bus fare home or the cost of a cup of tea?
If you have answered ‘yes’, to any of the above questions, it's likely that you are having difficulties with your gambling, we recommend you contact our customer services team via live chat or by submitting a ticket here.
Be sure to read our Help and Support section which provides you with details of a range of organisations which are available and provide free and confidential advice on matters of problem gambling and tools to help keep gambling controlled.
We also have our Gambling Limits section, this offers you the ability to but in limits to continue gambling but with added controls, within this section you can also select Time-Outs, if you wish to take a complete break from gambling for a set period of time, or Self-Exclusions if you feel that gambling is becoming a problem and you want to have a complete stop from gambling for a set period or indefinite period.
In addition, there are software packages, e.g., NetNanny, that help you block Internet content. See the sections below on Protecting Minors and Blocking Software.
Contact customer support for any advice for what measures to put in place.
If you feel you might have a gambling problem and you do not wish to contact us, please feel free to contact any of the organisations listed in the Help and Support section.